Hair extensions are popular not only because they look flawless, but also because they allow us to experiment with different hairstyles, while protecting our natural hair. Speaking of natural hair protection, it also keeps our hair heat-free! In today’s blog, we’re going to discuss some ideas for a heatless hair week.
- If you’re wearing hair extensions, it’s best to keep them maintained so that they can last for awhile. With straight hair, if you’re searching for a style that’ll give you maximum heat protection, it’s best to go with a closure or frontal, so that you don’t risk needing to flat iron your leave out everyday.
- Let’s say you’re working with curly hair: While you can also wear a closure or frontal with this style, it has more heatless options than straight hair does. Before going to bed, spray a little bit of water or mousse on a section of your leave out, then take a Flexi Rod and wrap your hair around it. Remove the rod in the morning, and there you have it, heatless curls!
- Now what if you have wavy hair? This style requires no additional tools, just your hands. Same with curly hair; apply a small amount of water or mousse on a section of your hair, and plat (or braid) your hair in the direction you want. Take them out in the morning, and your natural hair will be wavy to match your hair extensions. If your hair is thicker and or more coarse, use a light oil or hairspray to mend your hair.
- Here’s a simple option: Ponytail! Wear a high, mid or low ponytail and you’re good to go. Worried about your leave out and don’t have time to touch it up? Simply wear a scarf around your head. You can even use edge control to give those edges a POP! And create a chic style!
- The holy grail of “lazy day” styles: A Bun. Buns are a fun and simple way to style your hair because they take little effort and time. Plus, there are so many different styles of buns that you can do: regular bun, high bun, low bun, messy bun, bowtie bun -- the list is endless! You can even give yourself some bangs, as we talked about in our last blog, to jazz it up!
- What if it’s really dry outside, or it’s been raining all week, and you just don’t feel like doing your hair? Well, you can invest in a headwrap! Headwraps are a great option to have in your closet no matter what. They’re universal; they can be used for your hair, clothing and so much more. You can use it to wrap your entire head, or part of your head. This style will protect your hair from heat and rain, it’s a 2-in-!